You might be living in a house that has a big backyard that starts to look like a jungle. You do not have enough financial resources to hire a local gardener nor a Landscaping service company to handle your backyard mess. So you might want to go and take care yourself because of your free time on weekend.
You should clean your backyard in a series of stages so you can really finish by yourself. First, you should consider your schedule and your work pace so you can allot the right number of hours into the activity. This is a gradual project so you must have patience, diligence, and dedication. Also, finalize your proper budget so that it will not become a problem later on.
Second, assess your backyard. How large is the concerned area? Your area can be your basis of how long the task will last.
Third, you must get some ideas before even starting. You can take a look into the Internet for some helpful ideas of outdoor decorating that are inexpensive. Avoid extensive renovations and installations if you have a limited budget. Have a good plan of what you want to happen with your backyard.
Lastly, buy the proper tools and materials that you will be using. There is no point in starting work without the right equipment or tools because you can not do all tasks with your hands.
After the four pre-project concerns, you can now focus on the essential stages of your landscaping and outdoor decorating task. Below are the stages that you can follow to get it done properly and realistically.
- Clean your backyard. With this, I mean you should set a time to get rid of the weeds, clear out the trash, and even cut some vines. Call for help from other members of the family so you can cover a lot of work together in a short time.
- Install from lower to higher ground. If you want to cover your backyard with grass, then start planting them first before putting up the outdoor fire pits or any other decorative fire pits that you might think of. Installing a mini-fountain at the center would make it harder to plant grasses later on.
- Get some local pottery and shrubs. You do not have to plant flower-bearing plants into the soil. It could be more manageable with potted plants dotting around your center piece because they are easier to move around. They could also help your backyard look more polished and professional.
- Dramatic cheap lights can change your scenery in an instant. So invest in some inexpensive outdoor lighting to highlight a fixture and make it more appealing.
- Put some cement paving to stones instead of a high-priced counterpart. Cement mixed with color can add a bit of interest in the pathway with lesser costs.
These are just some of the ideas that can transform your backyard mayhem to weekend getaway haven. Be wise and start your task now!